If ever a locomotive were worthy of a VISION model, it is the Niagara. Redesigned from the inside out, our new Niagaras will be the envy of every model railroad's operating department.
By most accounts today, the New York Central’s Niagara rank at the top of the charts when it comes to the development of steam locomotive technology. In head-to-head comparisons with contemporary diesel locomotives, the Niagara held its own against the three-unit sets of E7s competing for the prized spots on the point of the Central’s premier passenger trains.
Averaging 29,000 miles of service monthly, the Niagara could be found on passenger and freight runs. While confined by the clearance and weight restrictions of the Central’s routes, the locomotives made use of every square inch of space within their relatively small footprint, outperforming much larger Northern on other roads. Sadly, the Niagara’s time in the spotlight was brief — only a mere decade of dominance on the rails. But now you can relive all of their glory and power with Lionel's VISION Line Niagara.
- A new safety valve steam effect which will pop off automatically.
- A force coupler feature which will increase the labor effects on the locomotive based on drawbar pull.
- A new simulated water-scoop spray effect to capture the drama of one of the Niagara’s 80mph track pan fill-ups!
- Incredible sounds from three speakers located in the tender and smokebox.
- Whistle steam
- Redesigned gearboxes for reliable performance!
- LEGACY – equipped locomotive that can also be run with the Universal Remote or LionChief™ App thanks to its Bluetooth control option!
- LEGACY® Control System — equipped-able to run in LEGACY® Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
- Bluetooth™ control with LionChief Plus features using the Universal Remote or LionChief App
- Six official railroad speeds with road number-specific CrewTalk
- DynaChuff synchronized with 32 levels of intensity as the locomotive gains speed
- LEGACY® “Real-Time Quilling Whistle and Horn” with instant response for realistic signature “quilling” and correctly timed warning signals
- Single hit or continuous bell sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, coal loading sound effects
- Synchronized fan-driven stack smoke
- IR Transmitter works with LCS SensorTrack™
- Powerful maintenance-free motor with momentum flywheel
- Wireless Tether connection between locomotive and tender
- ElectroCoupler™ on rear of tender
- Directional lighting including operating headlight and back up light on rear of tender
- Traction tires
- Interior illumination in cab
- Firebox flicker
- Separately applied builders plates
- Die-cast metal locomotive body, pilot and trucks with high level of separately applied details
- Real coal load and cab “glass” windows
- Adjustable smoke output
- Detailed can interior with engineer and fireman figures
- Rail Line: New York Central (Grey)
- Road Number: 6001
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Engine Type: Steam
- Most Recent Catalog: 2018 Lionel Catalog