One of America's greatest transportation hubs and one of New York City's iconic buildings, Grand Central Terminal is a national institution and an international example of giving new life to an historic building that otherwise would have been destroyed. As it celebrates its Centennial this year, the Terminal stands as one of New York City's most famous landmarks–from its marble halls to its priceless Tiffany clock that serves as a favorite meeting place for both New Yorkers and visitors from around the world… from its singular facade adorned with the Roman god Mercury, to the evocative view of the stars on its massive interior vault. Every day 750,000 people pass through its storied hallways. It is a living, breathing monument to public transportation. A testament to the fact that bold ideas, when executed with vigor and precision, can remain as vital and important as they were 100 years ago.
In honor of the 100th Anniversary of the world famous Grand Central Terminal, Lionel is proud to offer this historic structure proportioned for O Gauge and measuring 15 ¼" L x 6 1/8" W x 9" H, a size fitting for many layouts. Lionel's 100th Anniversary Grand Central Terminal will be an individually numbered, limited run of 2013 pieces designed and produced by TW TrainWorx of Dallas, Texas.
- Limited Edition run of 2013 pieces
- Designed and produced by TW TrainWorx
- Each model is uniquely numbered
- Interior illumination
- Removable base allows structure to be placed atop an elevated platform
- Durable polyresin construction
- Translucent windows and doors
- Clock insert accurately keeps time
- Gauge: O Gauge
- Scale Type: Traditional
- Brand: Lionel
- Power: Electric
- Dimensions: 15 1/4" L x 6 1/8" W x 9" H
- Most Recent Catalog: 2015 Lionel Volume 2 Catalog