A common sight on rails worldwide for 25 years, the GE “Dash 9” is still going strong. These modern workhorses can be found lugging heavy trains of iron ore or speeding hot intermodal trains. Many have now outlived the railroads that bought them. This new Lionel release includes several “patched” units as well as some exports to Canada and Australia in fantastic color schemes! Build prototype-sized consists with two powered and one non-powered unit available in each scheme!
-LEGACY® Control System equipped – able to run in LEGACY® Control mode, in TrainMaster Command Control mode, or in Conventional mode with a standard transformer
-Bluetooth® Control - Operate with Universal Remote or LionChief® App with all of the features shown on page 3
-Odyssey® II Speed Control
-LEGACY® RailSounds® sound system featuring:
- CrewTalk™ dialog and TowerCom™ announcements, each with different scenarios depending on whether the locomotive is in motion or stopped
- Six official railroad speeds with CrewTalk dialog
- Eight diesel RPM levels
- LEGACY® “Real-Time Quilling Horn” control with instant response for realistic signature “quilling” and correctly timed warning signals
- Single hit or continuous mechanical bell sounds
- Sequence Control: plays the sound effects of an entire trip, including warning sounds and announcements, based on the movement and speed of the locomotive
- Current speed and fuel dialog, refueling sound effects
- IR Transmitter for SensorTrack™
- Dual powerful maintenance-free motors with momentum flywheels
- ElectroCoupler™ on front and rear
- Engines in AA Sets have front ElectroCouplers only
- Traction tires
- Refined Conventional Transformer Control Mode with lower starting speeds
- Fan-driven smoke unit
- Adjustable smoke output
- Directional lighting including LED headlights
- Marker lights on front and rear
- Illuminated number boards
- Powered units feature all of the great LEGACY® features on pages 28-29 plus:
- Operating ditch lights
- Non-powered units feature the same details and graphics as our powered locomotives.
- No electronics or cab figures are included.
- Length: 18"
- Minimum Curve: O36
- Pages 36-37 of 2018 Volume 2 Catalog