Operation North Pole (ONP) is a volunteer-based public charity. ONP works with Chicago’s major children’s hospitals, providing a day of fun and fantasy for families who have a child battling a life threatening illness by hosting a fantasy trip to the North Pole. The magical experience includes, breakfast, a festive train ride to the North Pole, a visit with Santa, winter wonderland fun, entertainment, treats, personal wish list gifts, and much more! It's ONP's goal to provide these families an unforgettable experience amidst very challenging times.
- The F40PH locomotive uses a sophisticated lightpiping and LED system to give it directional headlight and taillight functions on the front of the locomotive for push/pull operation.
- All cars are DCC friendly, with FR11 decoders available for optional 11-211/212 Version 2 Interior Lighting Kits with LED.
- Bi-Level cab coaches feature directional lighting for push-pull operation, with alternate illuminating headlight and taillights with an on/off switch for mid-train operation. An optional FL12 decoder can be installed in the place of the slider switch to provide DCC control over the directional lighting.
- Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels on all Bi-level cars with all-wheel electrical pickup.
- Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K5D7
- F40PH Locomotive Chicago Metra #133 w/ ONP Wrapping w/ TCS DCC Installed
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6158 w/ "Operation North Pole" wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6054 w/ "Lifesource" wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Coach Chicago Metra #6050 w/ "Rosemont" wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Cab-Coach Chicago Metra #8415 w/ "Donald E. Stephens Convention Center" Wrapping
- Gallery Bi-Level Cab-Coach Chicago Metra #8515 w/ "Allstate Arena" Wrapping w/ FL12 DCC Decoder
- Bookcase style packaging with specially decorated slipcover.