To call the “Silver Streak Zephyr” famous before its time would be to do the all-corrugated, slick stainless steel train a disservice. Named after a movie of the same name which featured the CB&Q’s distinctive corrugated equipment, the “Silver Streak Zephyr” and its specially built EMD E5A unit “Silver Bullet” was a short distance luxury train that operated between Lincoln, Nebraska and Kansas City with stops in Omaha and St. Joseph.
Like the train it pulled, the EMD E5A was a unique piece of equipment - specially built just for the CB&Q so that they could have a locomotive which matched their Budd built corrugated cars, the EMD E5A was wrapped in shining stainless steel and ribbed with corrugated fluting that gave the CB&Q’s trains an unmatched streamlined look.
- Locomotive: Equipped with a mix of body and truck mounted KATO magnetic knuckle couplers
- Locomotive: Directional Golden White LED headlights and illuminated preprinted numberboards
- Locomotive: Drop in DCC compatible with the Train Control Systems K0D8-E Decoder
- Cars: Smooth rolling blackened metal wheels with all-wheel electrical pickup
- Cars: Ability to be lit with optional 11-211/212 Version 2 LED Interior lighting kits
- Cars: Illuminated marker lights on tail car
- EMD E5A #9909 “Silver Bullet”
- Budd Baggage/RPO #1600 “Silver Sheen”
- Budd Baggage Car #900 “Silver Light”
- Budd Coach #4703 “Silver Gleam”
- Budd Coach #4704 “Silver Glow”
- Budd Observation #300 “Silver Spirit”
- Specially designed bookcase packaging that holds all 6 locomotives and cars with additional room for an extra 2 E5 locomotives